The Danish American Heritage Society has three sister organizations:
1738 Washington St., Blair, Nebraska 68008,
(402) 426-7910; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1200 Grandview Ave., Des Moines, IA 50316
2212 Washington St., Elk Horn, IA 51531, (800) 759-9192
Genealogy Center 4210 Main St., (712) 764-7008
The DAHS Board of Directors includes representatives of these three organizations.
Finding the Danish American Archive and Library
The maps which follow are courtesy of Google.com and were produced using the Weebly Map feature.
The Danish American Archive and Library is located in downtown Blair just west of the Missouri River on the historic Lincoln Highway.
Searching the Danish American Archive and Library (DAAL) collection:
- Go to danishamericanarchive.com.
- Click on Search in the main menu.
- Click on the Search Catalog hotspot on the left hand side part way down the page. This takes one to the Blair, Nebraska Public Library card catalog, which now includes the DAAL catalog.
- After the word Find: in the upper left-hand corner enter your search string. You can narrow the search to title, author or subject if you wish. Then click G0!
- Check the results. DAAL in the location column indicates that the found item is in the Danish American Archive and Library on Washington Street in downtown Blair.
Finding Grand View University
Grand View University is located in northeastern Des Moines just off of Highway 69/E. 14th St.
Finding the Museum of Danish America
The Museum of Danish America is located in western Iowa north of I 80 and just west of Elk Horn.